Ship on Fire – level 3
A boat off the coast of Southern California caught fire last Monday, killing 33 people.
The only known survivors are so far five of the six crew members who were in the main cabin when the fire started. The search for one missing person is ongoing, but people presume that he or she is dead.
Truth Aquatics owned the boat, and it was on a multi-day diving excursion. A US government agency is investigating what caused the fire, but the investigation may be a challenge because there may not have been a black box on board. There is no requirement for a vessel of that size to have one.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.