A shop sells lost things – level 1
Do you ever lose something on a trip? Maybe your favorite shirt is at a big store in Alabama, California.
This store sells things which people forget on planes. Airlines keep these things for nine days. If nobody asks for them, people can buy them. Some shops buy these things.
Doyle Owens starts his store in 1970. He buys unclaimed baggage. He sells everything on the first day. The store usually sells only a third of what it gets. He recycles some things, too. Some things even go to a museum in the store.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever visited a store that sells unclaimed baggage from airlines? What do they typically sell and what do they do with the items that are not sold?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.