Singapore anime festival – level 3
Thousands of cosplayers and anime fans flocked to the annual Anime Festival Asia (AFA) in Singapore; people held the festival for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic.
AFA began in 2008, and it’s the largest and most followed Japanese pop culture event in Southeast Asia. Anime is a sub-culture from Japan, which has continued to thrive and grow internationally in recent years, due to its vast online presence and supportive participants. In 2019, the three-day convention attracted 120,000 attendees, and organizers expect to reach at least the same numbers for this year.
For many cosplayers, the event feels like a meeting of old friends because they are in constant online contact with each other.
Difficult words: cosplayer (a person who dresses up as a fictional character), pop culture (music, TV, cinema, books, and other media that are popular and enjoyed by many people), sub-culture (ideas, art, and a way of life of a group of people within a society).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos