Sinkhole on a Farm – level 3
A huge 200-metre-long and 20-metre-deep sinkhole appeared on a farm in New Zealand. That is the equivalent of two football fields and a six-storey building.
A worker stumbled upon it before dawn while rounding up cows for milking. Experts said that the cavity would have been present from rainfall for over 100 years.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.