Skeleton is Found – level 3
A recent discovery of a 4,000-year-old skeleton may shed light on the lives of people who may have lived near Stonehenge.
Archaeologists unearthed a skeleton of an adolescent between Stonehenge and Avebury, Europe’s largest Neolithic stone circle which is around 40 kilometres from Stonehenge.
The leading archaeologist described the finding as a “wonderful discovery”. Thought to date back to the Bronze Age, the body was found in a foetal position. There was also an amber necklace on the skeleton. Archaeologists are trying to find out the age and the gender of the ancient ancestor.
Difficult words: shed light (to help to explain), Neolithic (when humans used stone for weapons and tools), Bronze Age (when humans used bronze for weapons and tools), foetal position (the body position of an unborn child inside its mother), amber (tree sap turned into a hard, yellowish rock; it is used to make jewellery), ancestor (a person who lived before you), worship (to pray).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think will the skeleton tell us?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.