Slow iPhones – level 1
Apple customers say that there are problems with some of their phones. This happens when they install software updates to their iPhones.
People say that Apple slows down the phones on purpose. They think that the company does this so people want to buy new phones.
In 2017, Apple says that it slows down older phones on purpose. It does this because the phone batteries are old. The phone can shut down. However, Apple does not tell this to customers. Later, Apple says that customers can tell them if they want their phones to slow down.
In court recently, Apple says that it will pay money to customers. It does not want more court costs. It can pay $310 million or up to $25 per phone.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.