Smallest monkeys in the world – level 1
This news is about monkeys. It is about the smallest monkeys in the world. The smallest monkeys are only 100 grams heavy. There aren’t many of these monkeys in the wild. They are in danger because people are destroying forests.
A zoo in Sydney wants to help the monkeys. The zoo puts together two monkeys. It lets them have a family.
Two baby monkeys are born. They are beautiful and they are very, very small. They are just 15 grams heavy. They are smaller than your thumb.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges do zoos face in protecting endangered species such as the smallest monkeys?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.