Solar eclipse – level 3
Thousands of people in the Americas witnessed an extraordinary event, an annular solar eclipse, where the Moon moves in front of the sun and creates a stunning ‘ring of fire’ in the sky.
Oscar Lopez, a 26-year-old from Mexico City, traveled to Campeche, Mexico, to witness the eclipse and described it as an amazing experience. NASA explained that the eclipse’s path spanned from the US Pacific Northwest to the Atlantic Ocean, passing over various countries in the Americas.
In Campeche, hundreds of spectators, including Isaac Solis, used sunglasses to observe the moon gradually crossing the morning sun.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What is the difference between a solar eclipse and an annular solar eclipse?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.