Spiders in Greece – level 3
Thousands of spiders made a nearly 300-metre web stretching across a beach near a lagoon in western Greece.
A biology professor said that the spiders are basically having a mating party underneath the cloudy blanket before dying due to coming cooler weather.
The tiny spiders do not pose any dangers to humans or plants in the area, but their rising numbers may be linked to an increase in mosquito populations.
The webs are beautiful and creepy at the same time, as they cover trees and boats.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.