Story of Tumblr – level 2
Tumblr is a blog site which has had a reputation as a home to all kinds content, including explicit content. This site was extremely popular, and Yahoo bought it for $1.1 billion in 2013.
In 2017, Verizon bought Yahoo (and Tumblr with it) and made changes. Verizon banned all pornographic content from the site and put ads on Tumblr. The users did not like the changes, and Tumblr lost over 99% of its value. Automattic bought it recently for as little as $3 million.
Automattic said that it will not allow adult content on Tumblr. While Automattic owns both Tumblr and WordPress, which is another blog site, it said that it will not turn them into one platform.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.