Super-Fast Go-Kart – level 3
A 26-year-old Englishman earned a Guinness World Record for creating the world’s fastest jet–propelled go-kart. Tom Bagnall took an interest in engineering as a child and has always been into mechanics.
This project took him 12 months to complete, and he admitted there have been quite a few ups and downs, as things were catching fire or blowing up.
However, after reaching 180,71 kilometres per hour, his hard work and passion for speed paid off.
Difficult words: jet (a jet engine – a type of engine used for aeroplanes), propel (push forward), go-kart (a small racing car), be into (when you are very interested by something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos