SUVs in Paris – level 2
Paris wants to make its city greener for the 2024 Olympics. They decided to make parking more expensive for SUVs.
Only a few people voted on this change. SUVs might have to pay three times more for parking now. People who support this change say that big cars cause more pollution and use too much space. They think people should use bikes or trains instead. But others say that it is too expensive to stop using cars.
Paris leaders are happy about the vote and they expect to take action. They even want car makers to make smaller cars.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What was the reasoning behind increasing parking fees for SUVs in Paris and what are the potential impacts of this decision?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.