Sweden’s oldest DJ – level 1
Madelein Månsson is 79 years old. She likes music and dancing. She is the oldest DJ in Sweden.
Madelein becomes a DJ because she cannot find a place to dance. She makes a disco for people who are over 50 years old. The disco starts at 6 pm. People can dance for four hours. Madelein says that people need to have fun.
Madelein’s husband dies. It is a difficult time for her. But she stays positive. She is still a DJ. Her story teaches us to try new things and have joy in music. No matter how old we are.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What inspired Madelein Månsson to become a DJ at the age of 56?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.