Swim Around Britain – level 1
A man plan to swim around Britain. His name is Ross Edgley. The swim is around 2,700 kilometres long. It will take him 100 days.
During the swim, he cannot touch the ground. This is not normal for the human body. His tongue and throat can swell up. This is called ‘salt mouth’. When this happens, he cannot eat normal food. He must eat only smoothies and protein shakes.
One time, Ross goes for a swim. He swims non-stop for 48 hours. He gets a sickness called ‘trench foot’. The skin on his foot gets black because it is dead.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.