Swimmers See a Shark – level 1
40 people swim in the ocean. They belong to the US Coast Guard. This means they work on a ship. They keep the beaches and the sea safe.
Suddenly, one man sees a shark in the water. The man is on the ship. He starts to shoot at the shark. The shark is about 7 feet long. It swims about 30 feet away from the people.
When the man shoots, the shark goes away. However, the shark returns again. The man must shoot again and again.
All people get out of the water safely. The shark does not attack them. Finally, the shark swims away.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.