Swimmers See a Shark – level 2
US Coast Guard members decided to go swimming during their break last week. Suddenly, a shark appeared in the water.
The shark was about 7 feet long, and it was swimming about 30 feet away. Then, it started to swim directly towards the people in the water. Another crew member who was on the ship started to shoot at the shark. He hoped that the shark would swim away; however, the shark was not scared, and it came back.
All the people got out of the water safely. They said that the shark was not harmed, and they saw it swim away.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.