Taylor Swift postpones a concert after a fan’s death – level 2
Taylor Swift postponed her Rio de Janeiro concert due to high heat which caused a fan’s death during the previous show.
Swift said that the safety of fans, crew, and performers in the extreme temperatures was the most important thing. 23-year-old Ana Clara Benevides fell ill at the Friday concert, and she later died in the hospital. Doctors said that the high heat was the cause of her death. In Rio, temperatures reached 59.7 degrees Celsius. 60,000 people bought a ticket to Swift’s concert. But organizers rescheduled the Saturday show for Monday. Fans waited in the heat, and when they heard the news, they were very upset.
Swift also interrupted Friday’s performance to help fans who were not feeling well. Authorities said that all people at Swift’s concert had to have access to water.
What solutions are organizers encouraging to keep concert attendees safe in extreme temperatures?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.