Technology and Crimes – level 1
The US and the UK have an agreement. They work together to share data for serious crimes.
This happens when someone commits a crime when he is in one country. The data is in another country. Sometimes police take a long time to get the data. The US and the UK say that they will share the data quickly instead.
However, this does not change what companies can do. Companies can make their data difficult or impossible to read. Facebook wants to do this with its user messages. The US, the UK, and Australia ask Facebook to talk with them first.
Difficult words: agreement (a plan that you agree to do with someone else), data (information), commit (do).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos