Temples in Cambodia – level 3
A team of 30 young volunteers are trying to raise money to help save isolated Kampong Preah temples that people built over 1,200 years ago in a remote area in Cambodia.
Sokemean Srin explained that the temples were built in the 8th century, which makes them older than Angkor Wat, but unfortunately they are little known. That is why he decided to organise a cultural charity trip to raise funds to support the historical site and to promote tourism in the area, which is so remote that it can only be reached by boat.
Despite a third of the complex being destroyed, the temples still host religious ceremonies and provide communal space for a nearby floating village.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.