Tesla wins at court – level 2
A California court ruled that Tesla’s Autopilot feature didn’t fail in what could be the first trial related to a crash involving the software.
Tesla developed and introduced its Autopilot and Full Self-Driving system. CEO Elon Musk believes that these technologies are very important for the company’s future, but the government is looking at them closely. Justine Hsu sued Tesla last year. She said that her Model S crashed into a curb while on Autopilot, and she suffered injuries. She claimed problems with Autopilot and the airbag system.
Tesla said it didn’t make a mistake and stated that Hsu used Autopilot on city streets, which was not allowed. The court said that Tesla was not responsible for the accident and Hsu didn’t receive any damages.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges has the government raised regarding Tesla's Autopilot and Full Self-Driving system?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.