The Coronavirus App – level 2
Companies Apple and Google have developed a special software that can help fight with the coronavirus. The software will send a message to people who were in contact with the coronavirus.
In the past, some people worried about privacy. They were afraid that the app could show the names of sick people, and people could try to self-diagnose.
Apple and Google improved the software, and the software will not use GPS. An app will collect the data every 10 – 15 minutes, and it will use Bluetooth. Around the world, only one app is available for each country. In the US, each state can decide how to use the app. It is possible to use the software in both operating systems, iOS and Android.
Difficult words: privacy (how safe your information is from other people), self-diagnose (when someone does not go to a doctor, and he tells himself what disease he has), operating system (software that does basic functions in a phone, tablet, or computer).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.