The most expensive fries in the world – level 2
A famous restaurant in New York, US, serves the most expensive fries in the world. The restaurant did it to celebrate National French Fry Day.
The chef makes the dish with high-quality potatoes. He boils them in French champagne for a short time. Then, he fries them in French goose fat. The chef seasons the fries with truffle salt, and he uses truffle oil, too.
He serves the fries on a crystal plate. Then, he puts truffle cheese on the top, and he sprinkles the dish with edible gold dust.
The fries cost 200 dollars and the restaurant is fully booked for the next two months. The same restaurant also made the most expensive milkshake, most expensive sandwich, and most expensive dessert.
Difficult words: season (to add salt, pepper, herbs, or other spices to food), truffle (a very expensive mushroom which grows in many places such as France, and dogs or pigs help find it underground), sprinkle (to put very small pieces of something on something else), edible (something which you can eat).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.