The Sallie House – level 1
In the 1870s, a doctor lives in a small house in Kansas, US. He works in his house, too. One night, a woman comes to him. She has her sick daughter. The little girl dies during a surgery. Since that time, strange things happen in the house.
The little girl´s name is Sally. Some people believe that Sally´s spirit is still in the house.
In 1993, a young couple moves in the house. Very bad things happen. Things move around the house. At night, people hear someone walking in the house. They are scared. They call an investigator.
The man has a special device. He says that he can talk to Sally. He says that paranormal things happen. Paranormal means nobody can explain something. Nobody understands how and why they happen.
Difficult words: surgery (when a doctor opens somebody´s body and he repairs it), spirit (the part of a person that is alive when the person´s body dies), investigator (a person who finds out the truth about something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.