The Sallie House – level 2
In the 1870s, a doctor lived in a small brick house in Kansas, US.
One night, a woman came to the house with her small daughter. The girl was very sick, and she died during a surgery. Since that time, strange things started to happen in the house. People believed that the house was haunted.
In 1993, a young couple moved in the house with a baby, and the situation got much worse. Things moved on their own, pictures on the wall turned upside down, and at night, the young people heard someone walking around the house. They got really scared, and they called a paranormal investigator.
The man and his team used a special gadget, and he said that he could communicate with Sally’s ghost. Even he could not tell exactly what was happening in the house.
Difficult words: haunted (a building or other place where a ghost appears), paranormal investigator (a person who goes to a house, and he checks some unusual activities which happen there), gadget (a device).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos