The US President Has Coronavirus – level 2
Last week, the US president Donald Trump and his wife Melania had positive tests for the coronavirus.
Trump said that he and his wife were feeling good, and they would stay in quarantine. However, the next day, a special helicopter took Trump to a hospital. Doctors said that Trump’s state of health was good. However, doctors wanted to be very careful, and they wanted to reduce possible risks.
Trump is 74 years old, and he is obese. It means that the coronavirus could be more dangerous for him. Doctors gave Trump a drug called Remdesivir, which stops the virus and make the symptoms less serious.
Next month, Trump will face Joe Biden in the US presidential election.
Difficult words: quarantine (when somebody stays away from other people so that he does not spread a disease), symptom (the signs of a disease), face (to compete against, to confront), presidential election (when people vote for someone to become a president).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.