The world´s biggest orchestra – level 2
More than 12,000 musicians met in Caracas, Venezuela, to set a new world record for the biggest orchestra. The musicians had ages between 12 and 77, and they all belonged to Venezuela´s national orchestras.
The concert was one hour long, and a part of it was Tchaikovsky´s ´Slavonic March´. Tchaikovsky wrote it in 1876 in Moscow, Russia, for a concert for victims of the war between Serbia and Turkey.
More than 250 supervisors watched the musicians play for about ten minutes. In ten days, the Guinness World Records will say if the musicians have a new record or not.
Difficult words: orchestra (a group of musicians who play together on different musical instruments), victim (a person who is hurt or killed), supervisor (a person who watches other people do something, and he makes sure that they do it correctly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.