Third Oldest Person Ever – level 2
Nabi Tajima was until recently the oldest person in the world. She was born in August 1900, which made her the last person born in the 19th century.
She passed away in a hospital in southern Japan at the age of 117. She had more than 160 descendants, including great-great-great grandchildren.
Mrs Tajima was the 3rd oldest person in recorded human history.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.