Tired Eyes – level 2
People are spending a lot of time in front of their TVs and computers. The reason is the coronavirus, which makes people stay at home.
Experts say that more screen time can make our eyes tired. When we stay too close to the screen, we do not blink so often. We miss 2 – 3 blinks every minute, which makes 120 – 180 blinks in one hour. Our eyes get dry and red, we cannot see well, and we can have headaches.
There is a 20-20-20 rule that can help our eyes. When we look at a screen for 20 minutes, we should take a break and look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. It is also possible to buy reading glasses or eye drops at a drugstore to help our eyes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.