Town Has Strange Records – level 1
In the Czech Republic, a small town earns many records. They are very strange records. One is for racing with ladders. Another is for folding scarves. The town has a festival to show off.
The president of the festival is happy to see people come. He wants to show people that life is about doing things. That it is not just about the Internet.
Difficult words: earn (do something to get something), record (when someone does something better or faster), ladder (you stand on this thing to get to high places), fold (prepare clothes for the wardrobe).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.