Trump Impeachment Trial – level 2
Donald Trump was the 45th president of the US who ended his office in January 2021. Now, an impeachment trial started because some members of the US government said that Trump was responsible for the attack on a US government building.
Trump tried several times to change the result of the US presidential election. On January 6, the government counted the votes and confirmed the victory of Joe Biden. At the same moment, Trump was talking to his supporters, and he told them to go to the government building and fight for the truth. Five people died at that building, and Trump did nothing to end the attack.
Some people said that the attack was the result of Trump’s violent language. They also said that Trump would be dangerous if he became a president in the future.
Difficult words: impeachment trial (the process with the US president when some people believe that he did something bad as a president), victory (when a person wins), supporter (a person who likes somebody, usually a politician or a sports team, and he says it openly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos