Tsunami in Indonesia – level 1
Anak Krakatau is a volcanic island. It is in Indonesia. It erupts. It causes an underwater landslide. The landslide makes a tsunami. The tsunami hits on Saturday 22nd.
At least 420 people die. Around 150 people are missing. We do not know if they are OK or where they are. Around 1,400 people are injured. Over 900 homes are destroyed. Around 16,000 people must leave because of danger.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.