Turkey–USA–Russia – level 1
Turkey is talking with the USA. Turkey wants to buy an air defence system. The talking goes too long. In the end, there is no deal.
However, Turkey still wants to buy an air defence system. It can buy one from Russia. The USA says that it will not be happy if Turkey buys the system from Russia. The USA says that it will put sanctions on Turkey if it buys the Russian system.
Turkey buys the air defence system from Russia. It buys it in April. Russia moves the system to Turkey this month.
Difficult words: defence (fighting to protect your country), deal (a plan to buy something expensive), will (in the future), sanctions (doing something to a country which is not good for it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos