Tutankhamun Statue – level 3
An over 3,000-year-old statue resembling the pharaoh Tutankhamun sold for nearly $6 million at a London auction to an unidentified buyer.
The 28-centimetre statue sold despite protests from the Egyptian embassy in London, which claimed that someone stole the statue from an Egyptian temple decades ago. The auction house said that it carefully checked the object’s legal title and that the embassy said nothing before, even though the statue was shown in public for years.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.