Two-legged Dog – level 3
Two-year-old dog Tobi from Texas, who was born only with hind legs, won over the hearts of pet lovers online who donated almost 4,000 dollars for a set of wheels for him.
Although his disability had no effect on his cheerful nature, his caretaker said that things would get serious with age. As he had been walking on his hind legs, his vertebrae became compressed and Tobi could become paralysed if he continued to walk like this. Luckily, the wheels are going to alleviate the pressure in his spine.
People ordered the doggy wheels and they should be fitted in about three weeks. Once the merry dog is up and rolling, hopefully someone will adopt him who can keep up with him.
Difficult words: hind (at the back), singular vertebra plural vertebrae (the small bones of the spine – backbone), alleviate (lessen, reduce, weaken), keep up with (move as quickly).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos