Two years of COVID-19 – level 1
It is December 2019. People in Wuhan, China, start to have health problems. They cannot breathe. A virus does this. A virus is a type of sickness. Scientists do not know about this virus. They call it the coronavirus.
Health officials around the world know that something is happening in China. They do not worry too much.
Then, people in Europe and the US get ill, too. People start to panic. The hospitals are full. Doctors do not know what to do. Officials do not know what to do. Many people die.
Everything changes in December 2020. Scientists make three vaccines. The vaccines are the only way to stop the virus.
Now, more people are in the hospitals. Most of them do not have the vaccine.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.