Typhoon Tapah in Japan – level 2
Typhoon Tapah hit southern Japan and Okinawa with rain and very high winds. It threw and broke cars windows, knocked down structures, and flooded places.
Now the typhoon is going to the main island of Japan. Experts say that there will be more rain, flooding, and landslides.
Difficult words: typhoon (a very big storm that starts on the ocean and goes to land), structure (a building or other object a person builds), landslide (when too much water goes into the ground and makes the ground move).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.