Uber Cuts Jobs – level 2
The company Uber has left 350 employees without a job. A spokesperson confirmed the news to CNN. Uber’s CEO sent an email to the employees on Monday.
In this email, he announced that they must leave the company. This information affects many teams in the company. About one percent of all employees have to leave the company.
The company already dismissed some employees in previous months. In September, 435 employees left, and in August, 400 people left.
Difficult words: employee (a person who works in a company), CEO (a person in a company with the highest position), dismiss (make the employees leave the company).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos