UK petrol crisis – level 1
Many gas stations in the UK have no petrol or gas. The situation is very serious last week. Drivers wait in long lines before the stations.
There are not enough truck drivers in the UK. Many truck drivers have problems with visas. This is after the UK leaves the EU. Foreign drivers do not work in the UK anymore. The government says that foreign drivers will get special visas.
Gas stations use their petrol reserves now. Reserves are for emergency situations. Soldiers are ready to help. They can drive trucks. Experts say that the situation can go many weeks.
Difficult words: gas station (a place where drivers buy petrol, gas, or fuel), visa (a document which says that someone can come in or leave a country), foreign (from another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos