Ukrainian Plane Crash – level 2
A Ukrainian plane with 167 people on board crashed in Tehran on Wednesday morning. The plane disappeared from radar shortly after it took off.
Experts from Iran and Ukraine met in Tehran to investigate why the plane crashed. They consider many reasons, such as engine problems, collision with a flying object, a rocket strike, or a terrorist attack.
The first report said that the plane tried to return to the airport when it fell. The investigators also said that there was fire on the plane when it crashed. They found the black boxes; however, it is not clear if they managed to analyze them.
Difficult words: disappear from radar (to no longer be visible on radar which is a special system that can see things that move far away), collision (an accident when two vehicles of objects hit each other), strike (an attack).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos