Undersea nuclear drone – level 1
Last week, North Korea tests its latest weapon. The weapon is an underwater drone.
The drone can explode in the sea. When it happens, it makes huge waves. These waves are radioactive. They hit ships of enemies. They get to coastal cities. It can be very dangerous for people who live there. North Korea tests other weapons, too. Experts say that the country wants to show that it has different nuclear weapons.
Many people believe that the test is an answer to military training in South Korea. US and South Korean soldiers train together. The training lasts 11 days.
Difficult words: weapon (a thing which hurts someone), radioactive (producing dangerous energy which comes from breaking small things called atoms), enemy (someone who dislikes or fights with someone else).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What implications could North Korea's nuclear weapons have for the world?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos