Vaccine Cake – level 1
A café in Prague, the Czech Republic, makes unusual cakes. Last year, the café makes a special cake. It looks like the coronavirus. People love it. It is very popular.
The café makes a new cake now. It looks like the coronavirus vaccine. A vaccine is a medicine that stops a sickness.
The cake has red crosses on the sides. A small vaccine capsule is on the top. The cake tastes of bananas and strawberries. A little bit of strawberry alcohol is in the capsule. People love the new cake, too.
The situation is bad in the Czech Republic now. Many people have the coronavirus. People must not travel. Schools close.
The café wants to make people happy. The café reminds people that it is important to get the coronavirus vaccine. It will make the situation better.
Difficult words: cross (a shape when two lines go across each other), capsule (a small soft case which often has a medicine in it and people eat it), remind (to make people remember someone or something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.