Vaccine Passport – level 1
Many countries in the world are starting to vaccinate people against COVID-19. A new idea is a vaccine passport.
People want to travel. Now it is very difficult. People cannot travel as much as before the coronavirus.
Some countries get money only from tourists. These countries want vaccine passports. When people have vaccine passports, they can travel.
Not all people like vaccine passports. Some people get the vaccine. They can still spread the virus. It means that a person with a vaccine passport can spread the virus.
Also, older people get the vaccine earlier than younger people. It means that older people can travel sooner. Young people do not like it.
Difficult words: vaccinate (to give somebody a shot and this person does not get a disease), vaccine (a shot which stops somebody from getting a disease), passport (a document which makes it possible to travel to another country), spread (when a sickness or a virus can move from one person to another person).
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.