Veganuary – level 1
Vegans are people who do not eat anything that comes from animals. A group of people want to support the idea. They make an event called ‘Veganuary’. Veganuary means that people decide to be vegan all of January.
Some people join Veganuary because they want to be healthier. Some people want to save the lives of animals. Some people become vegan because it is good for the planet.
When somebody decides to become a vegan, he needs a lot of information. He must care about what he eats. Some people are not happy without meat. They can choose organic meat.
Many athletes become vegans. They feel stronger. They can train harder. They have more energy. Their friends cannot believe that plants give them so much energy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.