Violinist Plays During Protest – level 3
Police and protesters clashed in Caracas, Venezuela over the government of President Nicolas Maduro. Violent protests have been happening for a month as the people demand new elections.
Police targeted the protesters with tear gas, and many took cover behind makeshift shields to protect themselves from the gas and from rubber bullets. Amid all of this, one protester stayed calm and played his violin.
Difficult words: clash (fight), makeshift (made for a short time from things that you can find easily), amid (in the middle of).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos