Vote in Kashmir – level 2
Kashmir is a Muslim part of India which had its own government. In August, India changed this so that Kashmir could not have its own government. Some politicians thought that this could stop terrorism in Kashmir.
People started to protest, so many thousands of soldiers came and put 4000 people in prison. Many officials went to prison, too.
Next, there were elections in Kashmir. Almost all people came to vote, but they were not happy about their votes. They said that their votes were not fair because many politicians were in prison. Some big official groups also protested and did not take part in the elections.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.