Warner Bros. and Paramount Global may merge – level 3
A potential merger between Warner Brothers Discovery and Paramount Global, two major entertainment conglomerates, is being discussed.
The CEOs of both companies, David Zaslav and Bob Bakish, recently met in Manhattan to explore the possibility. The merger would create a massive media entity, combining assets like Warner Brothers Studios and Paramount Plus streaming service. While business advantages are evident, questions remain about the details and which company would absorb the other.
Federal regulators might play a role, and the likelihood of the merger passing is uncertain, given the challenges faced by major mergers in the current business landscape.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What potential challenges do major mergers face in the current business landscape and how might federal regulators impact the potential merger between Warner Brothers Discovery and Paramount Global?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.