Waterproof Clothes and Windows – level 2
The British public knows well that it is upsetting to be caught out unprepared by the weather. Now, there is a future for waterproof clothes, but what is this, exactly?
It is similar to your waterproof jacket. The water bounces off and rolls off really easily. Water-repellent causes the bouncing effect, and this is the same one that is used in house paint.
For the first time, people sprayed the repellent onto boots and a jacket. They then used muddy water for testing.
The repellent really worked, but what are the chances for the future? The challenge is to make the repellent stronger. After that, people can use it on buildings or windows. When it rains, dust or other particles will keep off the glass or the building.
So self-cleaning windows and no more window cleaning! Surely, no one will say no to that idea.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like some waterproof clothing or windows?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.