Waterspout in Italy – level 2
Someone filmed a big waterspout in the port of Salerno in south-west Italy, not far from Naples. Nobody was injured as the vortex hit the port. However, it lifted some freight containers up and threw them around.
After hitting land, the waterspout got smaller and smaller and then died off.
Difficult words: waterspout (something like a water tornado, but not as strong as a tornado), vortex (a spinning mass of air and water), freight containers (a big box for moving things on or off of a ship).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.