Week Inside a Rock – level 2
Abraham Poincheval is a French artist who specialises in endurance performances. For example, he spent 13 days inside a hollow bear.
For his latest performance, he spent a week inside a rock. There was a space for somebody in the rock, and there were holes for air. Poincheval drank water, ate soup and ate dried meat. He said that the most complicated thing was not going crazy.
Difficult words: endurance (the ability to endure/survive something difficult), performance (the actions of an artist), hollow (with space inside).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos