What 6G can bring – level 3
Researchers in the UK are hoping to harness 6G technology to start virtual teleportation by sending all the human senses and to turn science fiction into science fact.
According to Rahim Tafazoli, the founder and director of the Institute for Communications Systems, since 1G, all the way to 5G, scientists managed to send only two of the human senses, which are seeing and hearing. Tafazoli and his team are now trying to add the other three senses, which are touch, taste, and smell.
To enable virtual reality images to interact will requires high accurate time synchronization which is not possible with 5G technology. However, once super fast 6G is possible, it will open huge possibilities. The technology could allow our virtual reality selves to do much more than only interact on a screen. For example, our doctor could come to our house, touch our hand, and feel our temperature, as if we were seeing him face to face in his office.
Difficult words: harness (to control and use something), teleportation (the transfer of living or nonliving things from one point to another without moving through space), turn science fiction into science fact (to change something that seems impossible to something possible). synchronization (the act of happening at the same time).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.